Swimming is not only a life skill, but a great way to increase your heart rate whilst decreasing stress on your body.
Due to COVID-19, we are working through a staged reopening of our pools and facilities.
In line with Victorian Government restrictions, sessions in the pool will be limited to 20 people at a time (10 children plus one supervising adult each), so bookings are essential.
The cost is $5 per child (one supervising adult swims free), per session.
All memberships remain suspended.
Things to know before you arrive
- Learn to Swim pool will resume at Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre on Saturday 11 July in a limited capacity.
- The LTS pool operating hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 8.45am, 9.45am, 10.45am.
- Saturday: 10.45am, 11.45am, 12.45pm.
- Sunday: 8.45am, 9.45am, 10.45am.
- Strict Watch Around Water policy applies. Please read the Watch Around Water Policy carefully prior to booking. Refunds will not be offered if parents do not comply with the Active Supervision policy upon arrival to the centre.
- Cost to enter the LTS pool is $5 per session per child, with one parent/guardian free
- All sessions must be pre-booked and paid online to ensure we operate within Victorian Government guidelines of maximum 20 people at one time. Please note that 10 spots will be allocated to children in the booking system. The other 10 spots will be blocked to allow for active supervision by a parent or guardian.
- Bookings should be made via the Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre website.
- If you have any questions, please contact the centre on 5334 2499.
- Customers will receive a booking confirmation via email.
- Sessions will run for 45 minutes. This will allow 15 minutes for BALC staff to clean all high touch surfaces between sessions.
- There will be no shared equipment available, in line with government restrictions.
- Customers are encouraged to wear bathers under their clothes to allow them to get changed on pool deck. Customers are asked to use change facilities after their session rather than before their session.
- Customers should aim to arrive at the centre five minutes prior to their session time. Customers are asked not to arrive significantly earlier than your session time as you will be asked to wait before entering the pool hall to ensure we remain within government guidelines.
- At the end of your 45-minute session, you will be asked to exit the Learn to Swim pool, get changed and begin to make your way out of the centre. This will allow staff 15 minutes to clean all high-touch surfaces before the next group uses the pool.