Swimming is not only a life skill, but a great way to increase your heart rate whilst decreasing stress on your body.
Our aquatic facilities support lap training for long and short distances.
Due to COVID-19, we are working through a staged reopening of our pools and facilities. Our 50m pool is now open
In line with Victorian Government restrictions, sessions in the 50m pool will be limited to 20 people at a time, so bookings are essential.
Each session will be 45 minutes long.
The cost is $5 per person, per session.
All memberships remain suspended.
Things to know before you arrive
- All sessions must be pre-booked to ensure we operate within Victorian Government guidelines of maximum 20 people at one time.
- Bookings should be made via the Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre website.
- Alternatively, bookings can be made by contacting our customer service team on 5334 2499.
- Customers will receive a booking confirmation via email with information about their booking, how to access the pool and what is expected while in the Centre.
- Sessions can be booked up to two weeks in advance.
- Sessions will run on the hour, with the first session at 6am and last session at 8pm.
- Sessions will run for 45 minutes. This will allow 15 minutes for BALC staff to clean all surfaces between sessions.
- A flat fee of $5 per person, per session applies. All memberships remain suspended.
- Payment is via EFTPOS or contactless card only and can made on arrival before the start of your session. Cash payments are not currently being accepted.
- You will be assigned a lane upon arrival, based on your ability.
- There will be a maximum of three people per lane, in line with government restrictions.
- There will be a maximum of 20 customers in the pool at one time, in line with government restrictions.
- There will be no shared equipment available, in line with government restrictions. Customers are welcome to bring their own equipment, such as kickboards or flippers.
- Customers are encouraged to wear bathers under their clothes to allow them to get changed on pool deck.
- Customers are asked to wear thongs/footwear at all times. Thongs/footwear must be worn on pool deck and left at end of pool before entering pool.
- Please enter via the main entrance and check in with the Customer Service team.
- Customers should aim to arrive at the centre five minutes prior to their session time.
- Toilets and change rooms are available. Customers are asked to wear their bathers under their clothes and get changed on pool deck before their session, leaving change rooms available for customers to use after their session in the pool.
- Lockers are not available in line with government restrictions
- At the 45-minute mark on every hour, a siren will sound to indicate the end of your session time. Customers are asked to exit to the pool, towel off, and exit the Centre as soon as possible to allow BALC staff to begin cleaning for the next session.
Having trouble logging in to the new system?
Lap lane etiquette
- Select a lane based on your ability
- Keep to the left of the lane while swimming
- Wait until the end of the lane to pass a swimmer in front of you
- Check both directions before moving across any lanes
- Stand in the corners of the lane to allow other swimmers to continue swimming laps