Swimming is not only a life skill, but a great way to increase your heart rate whilst decreasing stress on your body.
Our aquatic facilities support rehabilitation needs.
Due to COVID-19, we are working through a staged reopening of our pools and facilities. From Wednesday 24 June, you can book a session in the multipurpose pool.
In line with Victorian Government restrictions, sessions in the hydro pool will be limited to 15 people at a time, with 5 spots reserved for support people, so bookings are essential.
Bookings will be at quarter past the hour and sessions will be 45 minutes long.
The cost is $5 per person, per session.
All memberships remain suspended.
Things to know before you arrive
- Hydro pool will resume at BALC on Monday 22 June in a limited capacity.
- From Monday 13 July, we are adding two morning sessions to the Hydro pool.
- Additional hours
- Monday – Saturday: 9.15am and 10.15am
- Operating hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 6.15am, 7.15am, 8.15am, 9.15am, 10.15am, 4.15pm, 5.15pm, 6.15pm.
- Saturday: 6.15am, 7.15am, 8.15am, 9.15am, 10.15am, 2.45pm, 3.45pm, 4.45pm.
- Sunday: 8.15am, 9.15am, 10.15am, 2.45pm, 3.45pm, 4.45pm.
- Hydro Pool has a limit of 20 customers at one time
- All sessions must be pre-booked so we can ensure the pool keeps to the maximum of 20 patrons at one time.
- Cost to enter the Hydro pool is $5 per session.
- Limited change room facilities will be available
- If you wish to bring a carer or support person, please contact the Centre on 5334 2499. Your support person will not be charged an entry fee. This is to ensure we remain within the 20 person maximum guideline.
- Bookings should be made via the Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre website
- If you are unable to book via the website, please call us on 5334 2499
- Customers will receive a booking confirmation via email with information about their booking, how to access the pool and what is expected while in the Centre.
- Sessions can be booked up to two weeks in advance.
- Sessions will run for 45 minutes. This will allow 15 minutes for BALC staff to clean all surfaces between sessions.
- A flat fee of $5 per person, per session applies. All memberships remain suspended.
- Payment can be made online via your member portal. Cash payments are not currently being accepted.
- Customers are asked to ensure they remain 1.5m away from other patrons while using the Hydro Pool.
- There will be a maximum of 20 customers in the pool at one time, in line with government restrictions.
- There will be no shared equipment available, in line with government restrictions. Customers are welcome to bring their own equipment.
- Customers are encouraged to wear bathers under their clothes to allow them to get changed on pool deck. Customers are asked to use change facilities after their session rather than before their session.
- Customers should aim to arrive at the centre five minutes prior to their session time. Customers are asked not to arrive significantly earlier than your session time as you will be asked to wait before entering the pool hall to ensure we remain within government guidelines.
- At the end of your 45-minute session, you will be asked to exit the Hydro pool, get changed and begin to make your way out of the centre. This will allow staff 15 minutes to clean all high-touch surfaces before the next group uses the pool.
Having trouble logging in to the new system?
Lap lane etiquette
- Select a lane based on your ability
- Keep to the left of the lane while swimming
- Wait until the end of the lane to pass a swimmer in front of you
- Check both directions before moving across any lanes
- Stand in the corners of the lane to allow other swimmers to continue swimming laps