Safety is of utmost importance when mixing people and water in a public environment.
Whilst we hold accountability in providing a safe environment, our patrons also hold some responsibility to ensure everyone can have a fun time.
Please read up on the Watch Around Water policy relating to parent/guardian supervision of children whilst attending our Centre.
Watch Around Water
While it’s important to have fun, safety is essential around the water. At the Ballarat Aquatic ad Lifestyle Centre, we have implemented the Watch Around Water Policy, as follows:
- Children under 5 must be accompanied in the water and remain within arm’s reach at all times.
- Children under 10 must be clearly and constantly visible and remain directly accessible.
All children must be actively supervised at all times.
Children under the age of five years will be provided with a wristband when entering at Customer Service.
Unsupervised children of any age will be removed from the water if they are unsupervised or if the lifeguard is concerned for their safety.
Group attendance ratios
When attending Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre, or our outdoor pools, with a group, the following ratios are required:
- Children under 5 years: 1 adult to 2 children
- Children under 10 years: 1 adult to 4 children
Watch Around Water ratios
- 1 parent: 2 under 5, 2 under 10
- 1 parent 1 under 5, 3 under 10
- 2 parents 4 under 5, 4 under 10
- 2 parents 3 under 5, 5 under 10
- 1 parent 3 under 5
- 1 parent, 3 under 5, 1 under 10
- 1 parent, 5 under 10