Affordable, quality childcare
For children from 6 weeks to 10 years of age.
We provide quality childcare in a stimulating learning environment that caters to your child’s individual needs and developmental progress. Our programs are delivered by our team of qualified educators and are based on the Victorian Early Years Learning Framework, aiming to foster for all learning outcomes for children.
For all important information and enrolment details (including food, medication and immunisation requirements) please download a copy of the Parent Handbook below.
Bookings are essential for our Children’s Centre. We recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
Parents must remain at the Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre while their children are attending the Children’s Centre.
Our Children’s Centre is now open!
In line with Victorian Government restrictions affecting BALC we will have limited spots available in the Children’s Centre, so bookings are essential.
Booking times and prices are:
60-minute booking: $5.10
90-minute booking: $7.70
2-hour booking: $10.30
3-hour booking: $15.40
To book your child in, please call us on 5334 2499 and ask to speak with the Children’s Centre.
Monday to Friday: 8.45am to 12pm
Public holidays: Closed
60 Minutes: $5.10
90 Minutes: $7.70
2 Hours: $10.30
3 Hours: $15.40
Bookings are essential.
Cancellations made after 8.30am on the day of your booking and no-shows will incur a fee equal to the full amount for that session. A late fee of $5.00 per child will be incurred for every 10 minutes your child is not collected after the end of their session time.
Things to know before you arrive
- The Children’s Centre at Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre (BALC) will reopen on Monday 9 November 2020.
- Operating hours:
- Monday to Friday: 8.45am – 12pm
- Limited spots available
- The following changes have been implemented to protect the safety of customers, their children and staff.
- One parent or guardian to complete drop off or pickup to reduce risk
- A sanitising table will be positioned at the entrance to the BALC Children’s Centre and will be manned by an educator at key drop-off times.
- Families are asked to please wait outside the Children’s Centre door at this sanitising station for an educator to greet you.
- An educator will take your child’s temperature to ensure they are well. If your child’s temperature reads above 37.5 degrees they cannot attend the service.
- The educator will ask if you, your child or anyone in your family has been unwell.
- High-touch surfaces will be regularly disinfected
- Additional focus on handwashing: Educators will assist children to wash their hands with soap and water
- Your details will be recorded for contact tracing purposes
- To make a booking, please call (03) 5334 2499 and ask to speak with the Children’s Centre
- Prices are as follows:
- $5.10 for 60-minute booking
- $7.70 for 90-minute booking
- $10.30 for 2-hour booking
- $15.40 for 3-hour booking