Swimming is not only a life skill, but a great way to increase your heart rate whilst decreasing stress on your body.
Our aquatic facilities support lap training for short and long distances.
You can book swim sessions in the 50m, 25m, or multipurpose pools by clicking on the buttons below.
In line with government restrictions, we are limited to the number of people who can be in any pool at one time, so bookings are essential.
Having trouble logging in to the new system?
Lap lane etiquette
- Select a lane based on your ability
- Keep to the left of the lane while swimming
- Wait until the end of the lane to pass a swimmer in front of you
- Check both directions before moving across any lanes
- Stand in the corners of the lane to allow other swimmers to continue swimming laps
Things to know before you arrive
- Swimming will resume at Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre on Monday 9 November in a limited capacity.
- Sessions times for recreational swimming are:
- Monday to Friday: 6am-9pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am-4pm
- Strict Watch Around Water Policy applies for children under 10 years. Please read the Watch Around Water Policy carefully prior to booking. Refunds will not be offered if parents do not comply with the Active Supervision policy upon arrival to the centre.
- Cost is $5 per session.
- All sessions must be pre-booked and paid online prior to arriving at the pool.
- Bookings should be made and paid for online before arriving at the Centre.
- In line with Victorian Government restrictions, only 20 people are allowed in the pool at time.
- If you have any questions, please contact the centre on 5334 2499.
- Customers will receive a booking confirmation via email.
- Sessions will run for 45 minutes. This will allow 15 minutes for staff to clean high touch surfaces between sessions.
- There will be no shared equipment available, in line with government restrictions.
- Customers are encouraged to wear bathers under their clothes to allow them to get changed on pool deck. Customers are asked to use change facilities after their session rather than before their session.
- Customers should aim to arrive at the centre five minutes prior to their session time. Customers are asked not to arrive significantly earlier than your session time as you will be asked to wait before entering the pool hall to ensure we remain within government guidelines.
- At the end of your 45-minute session, you will be asked to exit the pool, get changed and begin to make your way out of the centre. This will allow staff clean surfaces before the next group uses the pool.
- Please note: the indoor pools close 15 minutes prior to the Centre closing.