We are excited to announce some further changes coming to BALC this week after the easing of restrictions announced by the Victorian Government on Sunday 22 November 2020 .
- Members will be able to reactive their memberships from Tuesday 24 November 2020.
- Bookings will no longer be required for swimming and Health Club sessions.
- You will still be required to book Group Fitness classes online before you arrive in Centre, however bookings will only be open for classes up to 72 hours in advance. See below for details of our No Show/Cancellation Policy.
- Capacity limits have increased across the Centre. These limits are now in line with normal patronage. Staff will be actively monitoring numbers and will communicate to members and patrons if capacity limits are reached.
- There will be no limit to how long you can stay in Centre. We ask that patrons are respectful on hot days and limit their time in Centre to be fair for all.
- Visit Passes will be reactivated automatically and can be used from Tuesday 24 November 2020 (Swim, Steam & Spa Visit Passes remain suspended until further notice).
- Direct debits will recommence from Friday 4 December 2020 for members who have reactivated their memberships.
- All prices will revert to standard pricing from Tuesday 24 November 2020.
What Hasn’t Changed?
- The Spa and Steam Room remain closed until further notice.
- You will still be required to book Group Fitness classes online before you arrive in Centre. Bookings will only be open for classes up to 72 hours in advance.
- All existing bookings will still stand. Members are advised to reactivate their memberships after their last booking has passed.
- No towel, no workout! All equipment must be wiped down after use.
- Healthy Kids Memberships remain suspended until Term 1 2021.
- Temperature checks will still be required on arrival in Centre.
- Contact tracing will still be required for all people visiting the Centre.
- Deep cleaning of the Centre and high touch surfaces will continue to be our top priority.
- Masks must be worn in Centre unless you are in the pool or participating in strenuous exercise.
Reactivating Your Membership
You can reactivate your membership at any time. Depending on when you reactivate your membership, a pro-rata or part fortnight charge may also apply. A pro-rata is the amount that appears in your account in the members portal if you choose to reactivate your membership before or after the direct debit cycle. Please note: IPY*BALLARAT AQUATIC will appear on your bank or credit card statement.
If you do not wish to reactivate your membership, your membership will remain suspended at no charge until further notice. You can continue to pay for a casual session each time you visit.
Click here to find out how to reactivate your membership in our online member portal.
Group Fitness No Show/Cancellation Policy
Due to current restrictions on Group Fitness session numbers, we are implementing a No Show Policy for members and Visit Pass holders who make a booking and fail to show or cancel.
The following process will be actioned for members if you fail to show up for your booked session or fail to cancel your booking within two hours:
- First time: SMS warning
- Second time: SMS warning
- Third time: Access to the member’s portal will be restricted for a period of time
For Visit Pass holders, visits will not be credited back if you fail to cancel or reschedule your session prior to the two hour cut off time.
Need Help or More Information?
Please contact our Customer Service Team on 5334 2499 for any assistance.
We look forward to seeing many more of you back at BALC soon!