Monday 9 August 2021
Changing government restrictions means we can reopen with density restrictions in place.
All memberships will be reactivated on Tuesday 10 August.
Group Fitness classes will start again tomorrow. Bookings for Group Fitness classes will open at 6pm today.
Swimming and gymnastics lessons will start again tomorrow.
You must register with the Victorian Government app on arrival at the Centre and you must wear a mask while at the Centre.
Customers visiting the Centre casually will be asked to show their ID to make sure we are complying with the government’s restrictions of no people from Melbourne visiting regional areas.
Important things to remember
- Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre (BALC) will reopen on Tuesday 10 August 2021 with restrictions.
- All memberships will be reactivated on Tuesday 10 August 2021.
- The café, children’s centre, Health Club and pools will reopen.
- Swimming lessons will resume with restrictions:
- We are asking that only one parent/guardian per family attend a lesson.
- Gymnastics and Balance Play will resume with restrictions:
- We are asking that only one parent/guardian per family attend.
- We also ask that if your child is 10 or over you bring them into Gymnastics, drop them off and return to collect them to help limit numbers in the viewing area.
- Gymnasts will be collected from upstairs and taken back up at the conclusion of class. You can collect your child from the gymnastics hall, however please do not gather in the hallway.
- Changes to Balance Play:
- We ask that only one parent per child attend Balance Play sessions.
- Masks are compulsory for adults during Balance Play sessions.
- Customers are asked to use the provided wipes to clean their equipment before and after use.
- Customers are asked to maintain 1.5m physical distance while attending the Centre.
- Customers must bring a towel. No towel, no workout.
- Customers must bring their own drink bottle.
- Customers must wear a mask while attending the Centre unless participating in strenuous exercise or swimming.
- Customers must check in with the Victorian Government’s Service Now app
- Customers visiting the Centre casually will be asked to show their ID to make sure we are complying with the government’s restrictions of no people from Melbourne visiting regional areas.
- Centre staff will be regularly cleaning the Centre each day to ensure customers’ safety.