Tuesday 27 July 2021
Changing government restrictions means we can reopen with capacity and density restrictions in place.
Group Fitness classes will be limited to groups of 10. Class bookings are essential and must be made before arriving at the Centre. Group Fitness bookings will open at 6pm on Tuesday 27 July. Bookings are only needed for Group Fitness classes.
Balance Play classes will be limited to one parent per child and the gymnastics viewing area will be limited to 18 people.
All memberships will be reactivated on Wednesday 28 July.
You must register with the Victorian Government app on arrival at the Centre and you must wear a mask while at the Centre.
Book a group fitness class. You do not need to book to visit the Health Club or pools.
Important information to remember when coming back to the Centre
- Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre (BALC) will reopen on Wednesday 28 July 2021 with restrictions.
- Group Fitness sessions will be capped at 10 people per class. All classes must be pre-booked before arriving at the Centre. Bookings will open from 6pm on Tuesday 27 July.
- All memberships will be reactivated on Wednesday 28 July.
- The café, children’s centre, Health Club and pools will reopen.
- Swimming lessons will resume.
- Gymnastics and Balance Play will resume with restrictions:
- With reduced numbers in our upstairs viewing area (18) we are asking that one parent/guardian per family attend. We also ask that if your child is 10 or over you bring them into Gymnastics, drop them off and return to collect them to help limit numbers in the viewing area.
- Gymnasts will be collected from upstairs and taken back up at the conclusion of class. You can collect your child from the gymnastics hall, however please do not gather in the hallway.
- Gymnasts will not be warming up together, they will remain in their group of up to 10 for the duration of their session.
- Changes to Balance Play:
- To make sure we are not gathering in groups larger than 10, mat time will be modified with many opportunities to still interact with the coach and participate in activities through the session instead of all at the same time.
- To make sure we are meeting capacity restrictions, only one parent/guardian will be allow per child. Others may attend but will need to watch from the upstairs viewing area.
- Masks are compulsory for adults during Balance Play sessions.
- Customers are asked to use the provided wipes to clean their equipment before and after use.
- Customers are asked to maintain 1.5m physical distance while attending the Centre.
- Customers must bring a towel. No towel, no workout.
- Customers must bring their own drink bottle.
- Customers must wear a mask while attending the Centre unless participating in strenuous exercise or swimming.
- Customers must check in with the Victorian Government’s Service Now app
- Centre staff will be regularly cleaning the Centre each day to ensure customers’ safety.